Friday 25 April 2014

Tan Tan Noodle without soup (Dan dan mien) from lonely gourment


 Image from the drama, lonely gourment season 1, episode 3
 
Before I watched the Japanese TV drama, “lonely gourmet” (kodoku no gurume, 孤独のグルメ), I didn’t know and never saw tan tan noodle. I think it is not very popular and not well known food in Korea. Tan tan noodles (or Dandan mein) are Chinese Sichuan cuisine, but I became to know this food from Japanese drama, lonely gourmet when the actor went to the Chinese Sichuan restaurant in episode 3, season1. I don’t know about just tan tan noodles because from the drama, only tan tan noodles without soup were introduced. It looks really tasty and spicy. That is why I had interests in this food at first.
 

 Image from the drama, lonely gourment season 1, episode 3
 
Chinese pepper, sancho in tan tan noodles without soup makes the food much spicier. Normally minced pork is the main ingredient for tan tan noodles.
 
I saw this drama when I’m in Canberra, Australia, so I had to find Chinese restaurant that offer tan tan noodle without soup (It should be without soup, because I wasn’t interested in just normal tan tan noodle). It was hard for me to find the without soup things, not normal one, and my Chinese friend finally found one Chinese restaurant where offer tan tan noodle without soup.
 
tantan
 (Image from my Flickr, Click will lead to Flickr)


This is the one I ate in Canberra. I don’t know the real Chinese taste of tan tan noodles or the one from drama because this is the first time for me to eat tan tan noodle, but anyway it was really tasty and spicy. I can choose the spicy levels. I think there were like 3 level and I chose middle spicy, which was still hot for me.



I have only eaten tan tan noodles once and in canberra, I enjoyed it a lot !
I feel like to eat it again and cook it as well after I tried it. 
So I left the recipes for tan tan noodles without soup below. :)


INGREDIENTS (serves 2)



Egg noodles (or any noodles you like)
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 Tablespoons Tan tan noodles sauce, which contains sancho (Chinese pepper)
2 Tablespoons Chili oil
1 Teaspoon Olive oil (other oils also are okay)
300g Minced pork
1 Teaspoon Garlic
 
 
 
METHOD
 
Step 1. Boil the noodles for 5 minutes.
  
Step 2. Oil a fry pan and fry the noodles for 2 minutes.

 Step 3. Put the noodles on a dish.

Step 4. Cook the pork until it is browned.

Step 5. Add Tan tan noodles sauce, chili oil and sugar to the pork.

Step 6. Pour the sauce to the noodles on a dish.



+


 Image from the drama, lonely gourment season 1, episode 3
 
Round Yakigyoja

In the drama, this dumpling is also introduced. It looks really yummy and beautiful.
The actor from the drama ordered this with noodles, so one day I go to Japan and can go to the same restaurant from the drama, I want to order this one too!

(According to the drama, the restaurant is located in Ikebukuro, Japan)
 
 


2 comments:

  1. You guys eat this as well? I thought it was only in Taiwan! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!! LOVE IT! but I knew and tried this food in canberra lol

      Delete