Monday 5 May 2014

Makgeolli and dong dong ju, korean alcoholic beverages with pajeon


what is makgeolli ?

 
 
makgeolli
image from my Flickr, click will lead to my Flickr
 
 
At the restaurants, we usually drink like this with this kind of bottle. I like this atmoshere :)
 
Makgeolli is an alcoholic beverage native to korea. It is made from a mixture of wheat and rice, which gives it a milky, off-white colour,and sweetness.
 
Here is a picture of a bowl of dong dong ju which is kind of makgeolli
 
 
makgeolli dongdongju
image from my Flickr, click will lead to my Flickr
 

Dongdongju is a drink very similar to makgeolli, and both are commonly imbibed alongside Korean pancakes such as pajeon or bindaetteok.
 
 
Here's the picture of pajeon
 
pajeon
image from my Flickr, click will lead to my Flickr
 
Normally, korean drink makgeolli like this with pajeon.
 
 
If you've never been to korea, you would probably not be aware of a variety of delicious Makgeolli
For example, there are strawberry, grapes, peach (and much more!) flavour makgeolli in korea, and all of them taste amazing!!!
 
But at least I can post how to make makgeolli much more delicious.
 (even if it is not strawberry or grapes flavour)
 
I will introduce more on next posting.


Here's the recipe for delicious makgeolli on my blog

 
 
Image Copyright from korean application, Ibabcha

No comments:

Post a Comment